วันอังคารที่ 10 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2555

Pioneer SPH DA01 AppRadio 6 1 Inch Double Din Biggest Waste of $450

Pioneer SPH-DA01 AppRadio 6.1-Inch In-Dash Double-Din AV Receiver for iPod and iPhone
Pioneer SPH-DA01 AppRadio 6.1-Inch In-Dash Double-Din AV Receiver for iPod and iPhone Read more...

  • Familiar control gestures and large capacitive touchscreen designed specifically to allow safer access to compatible iPhone 4 content
  • Features include AM/FM tuner with RDS, rear view camera input, Pioneer EQ audio tuning, and pair of RCA preamp outputs for system expansion
  • Two-DIN digital receiver offers in-dash access and control of compatible iPhone 4 apps with a 6.1-inch touchscreen display
  • Compatible apps include Internet radio from PANDORA and Rdio, navigation from MotionX-GPS Drive, INRIX traffic info, and more
  • Browse, search, call, and map your contacts from your iPhone 4 contacts list with built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling

  • GarryR3148 My 21 year old son helped me select this radio for my F350 diesel knowing how much I love the iPhone. The start up is a little slow but not a problem for me and the reason I purchased this unit was to have a hands free phone unit a charger GPS radio and iPod music. Pioneer has updated the software for the iPhone and the radio unit since I purchased it a couple of months ago and it is now a wonderful radio and meets my expectations. The hands free phone is clear both talking and listening and the sound through the speakers is easy to hear. It can be setup for auto answer or just touch the icon and it will answer the radio mutes and the caller ID displays number and name of the contact if they are in your phone. The radio also displays recent calls missed calls dialed calls and you can even play your voice mail through the radio.
    So glitchy it is dangerous. I almost never review anything but this product is so incredibly glitchy and inconsistent in its behavior that it is dangerous to have in the car because it is a nonstop distraction. Every single application has some kind of serious glitch or behavior inconsistency that will have you constantly fiddling with the phone or suffering with the thing not working. Furthermore every time Pioneer updates the software they manage to introduce new bugs without really killing off the old ones.Before I give a few examples I'll note that the two third party AppRadio compatible applications I use are the MotionX GPS navigation program and Pandora.
    Biggest Waste of $450 I've had this radio for over a month and I hate it. I plan to rip it out of my car this weekend and toss it. Yes it looks nice but it's crap.Here are the issuesInstallation is a huge pain it had it professional installed which usually only takes an hour to do. This one took seven hours.Only works when you plug your phone into the cord unless you want to listen to regular radio and use no apps. Also the main screen will occasionally lock up on the start screen and nothing can be accessed.The switch to allow you to use the radio i.e. simply change the radio station while you're driving often doesn't work unless you stop and put the car in park. I installed a rely switch that I can flip to bypass the sensor but sometimes it doesn't work either.If the switch does manage to work you first have to unlock your phone open the app on your phone then open it on the radio in order to change the station. You have to do this even if the car is in park.If your phone doesn't have service you have no radio. If the service isn't three bars are higher the apps will constantly stop workingThree times in the past two weeks the radio has froze on the backup camera screen. Let's be clear I'm not talking about the image freezing while I'm backing up. I mean the car is in drive and the back up camera won't turn off which means you can't use the radio or any apps. The only way I've been able to fix it is to unwire the camera and wire it again.If you have an iphone and you want to use a different smartphone you can't unless you switch out the plug. This becomes a huge pain if your sig other borrows the car for a day.
    The more I use it the more I love it I do not understand why this radio has some bad reviews but I wanted to write my own experience out just in case someone has doubts about this particular model radio. I bought mine a few weeks ago and to be honest was not quite impressed with it at first.
    A day in the life of an App Radio user Every day that I have to drive somewhere I feel pangs of disappointment about my Pioneer AppRadio. What could have been a really killer app is just a source of frustration. On paper AppRadio has all the promise of the Ford Sync indash bluetooth system. In practice it falls short in every possible way. Here's a a walk through of what endure every time you turn the ignition1. Get in your car and connect the smartphone an iPhone in my case to rigid cable coming out of the radio. Wait 30 seconds for the selfserving animation on the screen to play through. As owners of the AppRadio we are subjected to Pioneer's AppRadio advertisement every time we turn the key.2. The first of four warnings pops up with a caution telling you how bad an idea it would be to actually to use your App Radio while you're driving. Press buttons and eventually the first of three warning dialogue goes away.3. A second prompt comes up asking you to unlock your iPhone and reconnect it when it's safe and lawful to do so4. After unlocking and reconnecting a third prompt comes up explaining that viewing of front seat video source while driving is prohibited. What does that mean? Are they afraid you're going to view a video podcast? I hadn't thought to try it but the prompt made me realize that there must be a way to watch video while driving. It goes on to tell you that you need to apply your parking break release it apply it again and press OK. This gets you nowhere literally. Even after going through these machinations the App Radio still doesn't give you access to the Apps During all this it's blocking you from even listening to the radio.04.
    Just what I expected If you have trouble working a radio with knobs and a dial dont get this radio and complain about it. It does what it's supposed to do but it can be frustrating to someone who can't work it.
    good idea gone wrong I had this radio was a good idea but it has a lot of problems. First problem I had was the radio would completely lock up if i was on the phone when before the bluetooth would conect. I would have to restset the radio all the time to get it to work again. Then there are not alot of useful apps that work with this radio. The Gps the outdated with lots of location missing. The sound is bad compaired to what you get with another unit of the some price range. All in all it just a bad raido save your money.
    crAppRadio comes with crappy service too. I purchased this radio in late August of 2011. Now it is late April so 8 months ago. I knew that the radio was a new thing and had a lot of glitches but being a diehard iPhone fan I sprung for it. I dealt with the glitches the freezing and the poor interface very well. Unfortunately however the cord that connects the iPhone to the unit went bad. It was a gradual thing first the AppRadio display would be pink and green because the iPhone connection was faulty. Soon I would need to attempt to connect and reconnect the phone over and over before the radio would see it.
    An adventure through inconvenience and poor quality! My goodness where do I begin? My experience with the Pioneer AppRadio is very bittersweet and not the best story I'm afraid.I purchased my unit from Best Buy brand new and factoryfresh and it was professionally installed in my sports car. I purchased an extra dedicated iPhone 4 just for use with this AppRadio and I had a really professionalquality mount installed into the dashboard for a more permanent installation of the iPhone 4 which would be completely dedicated to running this new AppRadio.Needless to say I was very excited. I will say that the installation team at Best Buy in Little Rock were extremely knowledgeable and very professional and friendly and took the extra measure to do a really nice installation.Only two weeks into having the AppRadio the screen went completely dead. Black zilch nothing. Of course I was heartbroken and quite upset about it. I called Pioneer technical support and they were rather lackluster in assisting me and were really of no help. Luckily the installation at Best Buy carries a lifetime warranty for as long as I own the stereo and this vehicle so I went back. Surely I figured something simple like a blown fuse or perhaps a loose wire would be the culprit. No big deal!Well I was sorely mistaken. They took the unit out and set it up on their workbench and it would not power on no matter what they did. The unit was completely and utterly dead. Unfortunately there were no more AppRadios in stock in any of the stores I purchased one of the last they had since Pioneer was releasing the new AppRadio 2 which was both iOS and Android compatible. So they could not just give me another one.I was told that I would have to send my unit into Pioneer for repair and they would either repair it or send me a REFURBISHED UNIT which really upset me but after thinking about it as long as it WORKS and still carries the full warranty then I don't care. But now the story is just starting to get interesting.I became rather acquainted with the staff at Best Buy because of my constant shopping there I am a computer engineer and I am always in there for SOME thing or other and I was taken aside and told in confidence that just about every single Pioneer AppRadio that they had sold had all been returned with the same fate. There is an inherent design or quality flaw in the production of these units and they ALWAYS die very quickly. They had taken so many back in it was ridiculous! WHAT?? How could Pioneer let such a horrible product out on the market? I suppose they figure it was too late and they would just fix them as they go.. VERY bad business practice!I was utterly angry at this point. I only had this unit for TWO WEEKS.
    Great idea horrible execution The Pioneer App Radio looked like the ideal system for my new truck it's sleek sexy. If you're willing to cough up another $250 you can add a backup camera that automatically kicks in when the vehicle is in reverse a feature I love on my Toyota Prius as well as the ability to keep an eye on your trailer while driving ideal for a truck. Add to that a seamless integration with my iPhone 4 and seemed like a dream come true.Except that it doesn't work very well. At all.As many other reviewers have pointed out even after the latest firmware upgrade the unit frequently locks up and won't respond to anything short of actually turning your car off and restarting it. Just by itself this is completely unforgivable.There's also this the AppRadio App itself feels like a trap to get you to install several applications that Pioneer has partnered with and most of these apps cost money AND require paid subscriptions. Most iPhone owners I know already have popular apps that fill these functions and many of them are free.
    Read more...



    Related Products
    • Koolertron Rear View License Plate Backup CMOS Camera Best Bang for your Buck
      onmouseover= ...Read the full
    • Metra Axxess ASWC Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface (Black) Works great I don't know why you would buy the alternative. I ripped out my PAC SWI jack because it wouldn't work right. Connected the simple three wires on this unit turned on the ignition and the unit programmed itself in about 30 ...Read the full

    • Parking Brake Override Bypass Fully Automatic Video in Motion Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD AVH-P3300BT AVH-P4300DVD AVH-P6300BT AVH-P3200DVD AVH-P3200BT AVH-P4200DVD AVH-P5200DVD AVH-P5200BT Better then PAC TR7 easy to install works perfectly as noted completely easy to install just make sure you tap in to your aftermarket in dash unit harness before tapping into your factory harness. works perfectly. ...Read the full

    • Metra 95-2001 Double DIN Installation Dash Kit for Select 1990-Up GM Vehicles Fit well in my 2006 Chevy TrailBlazer I used this kit to adapt a Clarion CX501 double DIN unit to my 2006 Chevy Trailblazer. The kit fit my Clarion very well no extra adapters needed or holes to drill as there were plenty of holes that lined ...Read the full

    • PAC SWI-PS Pioneer and Sony Universal Steering Wheel Radio Interface This is the product you need! w/how to program review video

      ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

      แสดงความคิดเห็น